<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

I talked to the LFS about protein skimmers, and after educating me on them, I decided to go with a prizm skimmer for my tank. It was the one that he recommended, and it was also the smallest one, and even it goes up to 100 gal tank. I would say the hardest thing about setting it up is the water/air control valve. I is very finicky. Just the tiniest turn of the nob changes the amount of bubbles quite a bit, so it takes a while to get it at its sweet spot. Hooked it up and I have been quite surprised at how much stuff it takes out of the water.

I also picked up a few more pieces of live rock, to help give me more room for my corals. I haven't got any new corals, but the ones I have are growing quite nicely. the 2 colt corals are getting pretty huge, and the 2 green star polyps are growing fast as well. Right now, I am trying to get the one green star to grown on the glass on the back of the tank. I have also been thinking that I might pick up some ricordia frags soon, not sure though. So If anyone has any ricordia, let me know.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?